A dairy seminar, “Harnessing the Power of Crossbreeding & Hybrid Vigor,” will be presented by Wes Bluhm, ABS Global Crossbreeding Manager at 2:30 Weds., February 15 in Trailer One at the Seminar Center.
The Seminar Center […]
Braut (252NR10177) has long been one of the most popular Norwegian Red bulls worldwide, but at 14-years-old the time has come for him to be taken out of production and put into retirement. No other Norwegian Red bull in modern times has produced as he has – 476,451 units of semen – plus he has […]
Looking for information on how to obtain Norwegian Red semen? For many of the 30+ countries where this product is imported, ABS Global is the distributor. The location of the combined ABS Global and Geno Global booth at World Dairy Expo is the Arena Level of the Coliseum in spaces 153-155.
The International Red Dairy Breed Federation (IRDBF) conference 2016 was held in Hamar, Norway June 14-16. Red breeds have a bright future including being a key breed in successful crossbreeding schemes.
Why IRDBF continues to meet
IRDBF was founded in 1989 as the IRCC (International Red […]
Here’s how some commercial producers in the U.S. describe their ideal cow – – quite a contrast to the yesteryear ideal of a long, tall, deep, wide, dairy-quality female:
“I need feed efficiency from birth through lactation, smaller stature, good udders, health traits, excellent fertility, and good milk production with high milk solids.”1 “(Profitable cows) […]
Likely (Hoard’s Dairyman) and unlikely (The Wall Street Journal, Mother Jones and the MIT Technology Review) sources made the topic of polled (hornless) dairy cattle a hot topic recently. A good starting point in discussing polled is this…
Polled is a dominant trait (genetically controlled much like coat […]
- Top bulls from April 2018 retain their dominance in August plus reliability is boosted for GS sires August 7, 2018
- Improved breeding value calculations for Norwegian Red August 6, 2018
- New international trial with Norwegian Red initiated in the Netherlands August 1, 2018
- Norwegian Red – The number 1 breed for crossbreeding in the Netherlands July 27, 2018
- Increased use of Norwegian Red in the Nordic countries June 22, 2018
- Impressive genomic sires become available internationally April 3, 2018