A dairy seminar, “Harnessing the Power of Crossbreeding & Hybrid Vigor,” will be presented by Wes Bluhm, ABS Global Crossbreeding Manager at 2:30 Weds., February 15 in Trailer One at the Seminar Center.
The Seminar Center is near the Admission Gate – South Gate 16. Find this in the lower right corner of the downloadable World Ag Expo map.
This seminar will cover four key areas dairymen should know about crossbreeding:
1) how to leverage hybrid vigor to capitalize on its greatest benefits
2) why the combination of crossbred breeds makes a difference
3) how to maintain the benefits of the F1 generation
4) how net profit per cow per year for crossbreds compares with purebred Holsteins
The ABS Global booth is 6500-6501 in the Farm Credit Dairy Center at the Tulare show. Stop by to speak with Wes or other ABS Global representatives or with Gary Rogers, Technical Advisor for Geno Global.
- Increased use of Norwegian Red in the Nordic countries June 22, 2018
- Impressive genomic sires become available internationally April 3, 2018
- Lowest use of antibiotics February 21, 2018
- Norwegian Red updated proofs December 2017 December 5, 2017
- China has approved Geno for export of bovine semen November 29, 2017
- Official opening of Geno’s new sorting lab for sexed Norwegian Red genetics November 14, 2017