A dairy seminar, “Harnessing the Power of Crossbreeding & Hybrid Vigor,” will be presented by Wes Bluhm, ABS Global Crossbreeding Manager at 2:30 Weds., February 15 in Trailer One at the Seminar Center.
The Seminar Center is near the Admission Gate – South Gate 16. Find this in the lower right corner of the downloadable World Ag Expo map.
This seminar will cover four key areas dairymen should know about crossbreeding:
1) how to leverage hybrid vigor to capitalize on its greatest benefits
2) why the combination of crossbred breeds makes a difference
3) how to maintain the benefits of the F1 generation
4) how net profit per cow per year for crossbreds compares with purebred Holsteins
The ABS Global booth is 6500-6501 in the Farm Credit Dairy Center at the Tulare show. Stop by to speak with Wes or other ABS Global representatives or with Gary Rogers, Technical Advisor for Geno Global.
- Genomic sires continue to spur improvement August 8, 2017
- China visit to Norwegian Red AI bull station July 7, 2017
- Genomic sires dominate the updated Norwegian Red genetic evaluations April 6, 2017
- Norwegian Red genetics continue to grow market share March 13, 2017
- Lars Bredahl appointed Chief Operating Officer, International at Geno March 7, 2017
- Delegation from China visit Norway December 14, 2016