Crossbreeding is here to stay! There will be a lot of buzz at the World Ag Expo in Tulare about the Norwegian Red bull, Braut, the Crossbred Bull of the Year for 2013 and… for bulls that have similar trait profiles.
What traits does Braut (10177) pass on to his daughters that got him the top number [...]
Where to vote
Click on Vote: Bull of the Year 2013 - this award is to emphasize the impact of bulls on crossbreeding in 2013.
Where to comment on your favorite bull or bulls
Click on Bull of the Year [...]
At the start of 2014 The Bullvine has once again done excellent research and published its 6th article on polled – – “Polled Dairy Genetics, the Cold Hard Facts.” It’s looking like The Bullvine enthusiastically wants its readership to seriously consider the merits of [...]
If the gift of Norwegian Red for crossbreeding came in a package, what would it look like?
First, the Norwegian Red (NRF) could be described as many unique and valuable packages inside the big (breed) package. Persistent selection since the 1970′s has made the Norwegian Red strong in many lowly heritable and valuable traits [...]
“The Bullvine”* never fails to deliver insightful articles. ” Supermodels, Show Cows and the Future of Dairy Cattle Breeding” is the latest-and-greatest food for thought for commercial dairymen and seed stock producers.
Andrew Hunt, the founder of “The Bullvine,” points [...]
Why would a 4th generation, Irish dairyman commit to using Norwegian Red (NRF) for crossbreeding on his Holstein-Friesian cows? His answer after 15 years is “crossbreeding with Norwegian Red has resulted in easier management and more profit.”
Tom Dunne of beautiful County Cork, Ireland carefully looked at research on various breeds on the Internet before choosing [...]
Getting the “right genetics” for grazing was featured in a 2013 panel at the World Dairy Expo and is becoming a hot topic at U.S. grazing conferences. Marketing reps from many AI companies are manning booths at conferences, giving keynote talks and are running ads in the [...]
- Tangvoll solidifies his status as a top elite sire in NorwayThirty six new NRF sires received their first official genetic evaluations in February 2014 and 5 new NRF sires came through with Total Merit Indexes (TMI) above 20. The new bull Skjelvan (11039) leads the NRF sire list with a TMI of 39. […]
- Braut - Dairy Crossbred Bull of the year 2013 !Braut is the most exported Norwegian Red (NRF) bull of all time and has daughters in over 22 different countries. Braut has been a top bull on the Total Merit Index (TMI) list in Norway (20+) for much of the last decade and he is still going strong. […]
- Outstanding new sire Tangvoll tops the latest Norwegian Red Total Merit IndexThirty four new NRF sires received their first official genetic evaluations in September 2013 and several new NRF sires came through with outstanding Total Merit Indexes (TMI). Three sires that were newly proven in June of 2013 added daughters and are in the top 5 for TMI. […]
- Dairy Crossbreeding Programs2 PLUS and 3 PLUS are Geno's dairy crossbreeding programs that include several breeds that can be succesfully used when crossbreeding. […]
- Norwegian Red - for profitable, polled genetics.Geno is the world leader in selection for polled genetics. Over 50% of Norwegian Red (NRF) calves born in Norway are polled. Proven homozygous polled NRF bulls with competitive breeding values available ! […]
- Tangvoll solidifies his status as a top elite sire in Norway