The International Red Dairy Breed Federation (IRDBF) conference 2016 was held in Hamar, Norway June 14-16. Red breeds have a bright future including being a key breed in successful crossbreeding schemes.
Why IRDBF continues to meet
IRDBF was founded in 1989 as the IRCC (International Red […]
Here’s how some commercial producers in the U.S. describe their ideal cow – – quite a contrast to the yesteryear ideal of a long, tall, deep, wide, dairy-quality female:
“I need feed efficiency from birth through lactation, smaller stature, good udders, health traits, excellent fertility, and good milk production with high milk solids.”1 “(Profitable cows) […]
Dairy producers from across the globe come to Tulare, California in February to scout for the best solutions to challenges they are experiencing. It’s clear that commercial dairymen using Norwegian Red are getting the word out – – this breed boosts fertility, health and, most importantly, profitability.
Here are some comments from dairy producers who […]
ABS Global is the exclusive distributor of Norwegian Red genetics in the U.S. and Canada. So… ABS Global and Geno Global team are sharing booth 6500-6501 at the World Ag Expo, Tulare California – – Tuesday, Feb. 9 through Thursday, Feb. 11.
The commercial dairy industry is not looking for tall cows and the Norwegian Red can help with that. Crossbreeding to Norwegian Red bulls can moderate stature, increase fertility and health plus achieve competitive component production.
In 2014 25,000 first lactation Norwegian Red cows at 27-30 months of age were measured and averaged 53.3 inches (135.4 […]
- Top sires from updated Norwegian Red genetic evaluations are a mix of progeny tested and genomic selected sires June 15, 2016
- Norwegian Red genetics reach global high April 11, 2016
- Norwegian Red bull gets his second bull of the year title March 8, 2016
- Geno announces new Norwegian Red genetic evaluation procedures February 22, 2016
- Delegation from Mongolia visited Norway February 15, 2016
- HETEROSIS January 27, 2016