Crossbreeding: Finding the Cow that Works
Let’s be realistic, “Finding the Cow that Works” in the wide world of dairy crossbreeding is not an easy task and will vary depending on your goals and present dairy situation. This blog will help you decide if the Norwegian Red breed is right for you.
What questions are you asking in your quest to find the right breed for crossbreeding in your unique herd?
This blog, www.dairycrossbreeding.com, will focus on how the Norwegian Red breed will fit as the second or third breed for the crossbreeding you will be doing in your herd. Each blog posting will be brief and will answer questions that many of you are asking. Your blogging back to us will help us to more directly address needs and herd management goals.
The Norwegian Red is being offered in many countries across the globe as an ahead-of-the-curve solution for many problems facing dairy cattle populations today. It’s like the Norwegian Red farmers’ cooperative, Geno, started building a fertile, healthy, robust and productive cow in the 1970’s to address critical needs of the dairy industry in 2011!
The employees of Geno Global stand ready to answer your questions and provide you with the best Norwegian Red genetics available.
Joan Cooper, Webmaster
On behalf of Geno Global employees and crossbreeders worldwide.
Flickr Photos Gallery
Warning: file_get_contents(http://...@N08&tag=norwegianred) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/content/05/7641105/html/wp-content/plugins/simple-flickr-plugin/simpleflickrphotos.php on line 107
- Proper use of SpermVital delivers excellent results January 14, 2021
- Geno's green feed focuses on breeding low-emission cow December 16, 2020
- Geno talks green and sustainable breeding December 9, 2020
- Norwegian Red Tops the US Ayrshire and Red Breeds December 2, 2020
- Outstanding Line of Norwegian Red sires from December 2020 proof run December 1, 2020
- Norwegian Red and Geno Celebrate the 85th Anniversary November 16, 2020