Improving fertility in high-producing dairy cattle is not impossible. Swedish researchers summarize pros and cons of strategies for restoring fertility in high-producing dairy cows in Table 5 of “Reproductive Performance in High-producing Dairy Cows: Can We Sustain it Under [...]
Within 5 years Wes Kerr, an Arizona dairyman, estimates that 90% of his 2,000-head herd will be polled. A May 1, 2013 “Progressive Dairyman” article “Arizona dairyman is singing the praises of polled genetics“ explains his current progress toward that goal and the mindset of his family of “Why not polled?”
Here’s a snapshot [...]
Cow fertility, stillbirths, health, mortality and longevity are the “traits that drive you nuts,” commented kick-off panel speaker Dr. Les Hansen, Professor of Animal Science at University of Minnesota. Dr. Hansen then showed the marked improvement in [...]
genoBULLetin is a publication about “all things Norwegian Red” and the adoption of dairy crossbreeding throughout the world. The spring 2013 edition is available at genoBULLetin 1-2013 covering topics like “robot cows,” recruiting calves to potentially become new elite AI bulls, mastitis and milking speed research and stories of successful farm operations.
Everyone likes [...]
New genetic evaluation schedule: 3 proofs per year instead of 4 for Norwegian Red bulls starting now. The next proof will be in early June and the 3rd will occur late in September 2013. These proofs will occur prior to the 3-per-year official USDA proofs. March 2013 NRF proof: 2 polled bulls Lekve (10714: TMI [...]
Will you be in Tulare, CA for World Dairy Expo on Valentine’s Day? Jim Griggs, Gary Rogers and Joan Cooper will be manning the Geno Global booth 6800-6801 in the Farm Credit Dairy Center on February 12, 13 and 14th to talk about all there is to love about [...]
“Seeing is believing,” so after Pam Jahnke* saw the Norwegian Red breeding program up close and personal in Norway, she was happy to interview Dr. Gary Rogers at the World Dairy Expo to get the scoop about the Norwegian Red in the U.S.
PAM: Dr. Gary Rogers is the U.S. representative for the company Geno [...]
- Geno expands dairy crossbreeding businessGeno Global has established branch offices in Greece, Bulgaria and Romania in response to growing dairy crossbreeding business. […]
- Polled sires Lekve and Ravn hold the top 2 spots in latest Norwegian Red sire proofsLekve (10714) and Ravn (10739) continue in the top 2 spots for Total Merit Index (TMI) in the March 2013 Norwegian Red genetic evaluations […]
- Successful launch of Geno TurkeyGeno Turkey was established on February 21st 2013. Geno Turkey will advice and sell bovine genetics for dairy crossbreeding to farmers in Turkey and neighbouring countries […]
- On-line Crossbreeding Profit Calculator !Norwegian Red crossbreds excel in health and fertility traits when compared to Holsteins. The Crossbreeding Calculator On-line will show you how the crossbred superiority in these traits translates into profit. […]
- Polled sires Ravn and Lekve shine in latest Norwegian Red sire proofsPolled sires Ravn (10739) and Lekve (10714) are the top two bulls for Total Merit Index (TMI) from the December 2012 Norwegian Red (NRF) genetic evaluations with TMIs of 31 and 27, respectively. […]
- Geno expands dairy crossbreeding business