“The Bullvine”* never fails to deliver insightful articles. ” Supermodels, Show Cows and the Future of Dairy Cattle Breeding” is the latest-and-greatest food for thought for commercial dairymen and seed stock producers.
Andrew Hunt, the founder of “The Bullvine,” points [...]
Why would a 4th generation, Irish dairyman commit to using Norwegian Red (NRF) for crossbreeding on his Holstein-Friesian cows? His answer after 15 years is “crossbreeding with Norwegian Red has resulted in easier management and more profit.”
Tom Dunne of beautiful County Cork, Ireland carefully looked at research on various breeds on the Internet before choosing [...]
Getting the “right genetics” for grazing was featured in a 2013 panel at the World Dairy Expo and is becoming a hot topic at U.S. grazing conferences. Marketing reps from many AI companies are manning booths at conferences, giving keynote talks and are running ads in the [...]
The 1-hour-and-10-minute video discussed in this blog features a panel of marketing and breed experts from 6 different AI companies discussing genetics for grass-based dairying. Each expert summarized breed strengths needed for grazing operations. The main breeds talked about included Fleckvieh, KiwiCross™, Montebeliarde, Normande, Norwegian Red, and Viking Red. Dr. Les Hansen of the University [...]
70,903 people attended World Dairy Expo 2013 and crossbreeding was even a “hotter” topic than last year. Here are some comments gleaned from the Geno Global booth that showcased the Norwegian Red (NRF) breed and proudly featured the 18 Norwegian Red bulls now available in the U.S.
“Our Holsteins are too big and the Norwegian Reds [...]
On Friday, October 4th at the World Dairy Expo a panel of genetics experts from six major companies will summarize what they have to offer graziers and will participate in a lively panel discussion. The 6 panelists will discuss the merits of different breeds and will include:
The globally popular Braut (10177), homozygous polled Nordbo (10553) and 4 Norwegian Red (NRF) bulls averaging 1178 lbs of milk on the Holstein scale* have arrived in the U.S. The definition of “crazy good” is PTA milk of 1069, 1069, 1176 and 1399 lbs on the Holstein scale (2781, 2696, 2696 and 2957 on the [...]
- Outstanding new sire Tangvoll tops the latest Norwegian Red Total Merit IndexThirty four new NRF sires received their first official genetic evaluations in September 2013 and several new NRF sires came through with outstanding Total Merit Indexes (TMI). Three sires that were newly proven in June of 2013 added daughters and are in the top 5 for TMI. […]
- Geno Global bought 50 per cent of XsiresGeno Global has bought 50 per cent of the shares of Xsires Crossbreeding B.V in the Netherlands. […]
- Exciting new proof run for Norwegian Reds - Newcomers rise to the top.Twenty new NRF bulls have Total Merit Indexes (TMI) of 10 or greater which must be an all-time historical record. […]
- Norwegian Red - for profitable, polled genetics.Geno is the world leader in selection for polled genetics. Over 50% of Norwegian Red (NRF) calves born in Norway are polled. Proven homozygous polled NRF bulls with competitive breeding values available ! […]
- Dairy Crossbreeding Programs2 PLUS and 3 PLUS are Geno's dairy crossbreeding programs that include several breeds that can be succesfully used when crossbreeding. […]
- Outstanding new sire Tangvoll tops the latest Norwegian Red Total Merit Index