First, keeping cows healthy and selling wholesome milk are primary goals of all dairy producers.
Secondly, some breeds of dairy cows are healthier on average than other breeds and are great for crossbreeding.
When are antibiotics used? Here’s some straight talk from a Dairy Vet, Dr. Fred Gingrich on how antibiotics are used. Click here […]
National Milk Month or National Dairy Month has been with us since 1937. It’s a month to observe the contributions of the hard-working dairy community and a time to promote the consumption of dairy products.
Milk is one of the most nutrient-dense drinks with […]
Choosing a complementary breed for crossbreeding in a dairy herd can maintain production, increase efficiencies of feed intake and lessen reproductive and health inputs.
First, let me say that this blog was inspired by an article written for Progressive Dairyman “Breeding through the eyes of a CFO” by Richard Williams the North American general […]
Net Merit* (NM$) rankings for Red breed bulls available (April 2017) in the US, show Scandinavian Red bulls at the top. Five out of 7 top NM$ Red breed bulls are proven Norwegian Red sires. No surprise that 2 of these 5 are sons of the popular Braut – – Gopollen** and Enger**.
A dairy seminar, “Harnessing the Power of Crossbreeding & Hybrid Vigor,” will be presented by Wes Bluhm, ABS Global Crossbreeding Manager at 2:30 Weds., February 15 in Trailer One at the Seminar Center.
The Seminar Center […]
Braut (252NR10177) has long been one of the most popular Norwegian Red bulls worldwide, but at 14-years-old the time has come for him to be taken out of production and put into retirement. No other Norwegian Red bull in modern times has produced as he has – 476,451 units of semen – plus he has […]
- China visit to Norwegian Red AI bull station July 7, 2017
- Genomic sires dominate the updated Norwegian Red genetic evaluations April 6, 2017
- Norwegian Red genetics continue to grow market share March 13, 2017
- Lars Bredahl appointed Chief Operating Officer, International at Geno March 7, 2017
- Delegation from China visit Norway December 14, 2016
- Top sires from updated Norwegian Red genetic evaluations raise expectations to new heights October 28, 2016