2014 reality: It is possible to implement a systematic crossbreeding system to dramatically increase fertility and to equal or increase component yields and, therefore, maintain or increase income from milk.
2014 excuse: Believe the statement “Crossbreeding with nontraditional dairy breeds has allowed some producers to address the problem [of fertility], but it typically comes [...]
Thanks, Dennis Halladay, Western Editor of Hoard’s for sharing the 2012 rate of cows leaving production by breeds – – including 2 categories of crossbred herds. His Hoard’s Dairyman Intel 2014 article is entitled Which breeds stay in herds longer?. The 2012 source data for this Intl [...]
Let’s hear it for 20% crossbred cows in the U.S. (by 2024 or 2034)! Is this a conservative or radical estimate?
Crossbreeding is here to stay! There will be a lot of buzz at the World Ag Expo in Tulare about the Norwegian Red bull, Braut, the Crossbred Bull of the Year for 2013 and… for bulls that have similar trait profiles.
What traits does Braut (10177) pass on to his daughters that got him the top number [...]
Where to vote
Click on Vote: Bull of the Year 2013 - this award is to emphasize the impact of bulls on crossbreeding in 2013.
Where to comment on your favorite bull or bulls
Click on Bull of the Year [...]
At the start of 2014 The Bullvine has once again done excellent research and published its 6th article on polled – – “Polled Dairy Genetics, the Cold Hard Facts.” It’s looking like The Bullvine enthusiastically wants its readership to seriously consider the merits of [...]
If the gift of Norwegian Red for crossbreeding came in a package, what would it look like?
First, the Norwegian Red (NRF) could be described as many unique and valuable packages inside the big (breed) package. Persistent selection since the 1970′s has made the Norwegian Red strong in many lowly heritable and valuable traits [...]
- Tangvoll solidifies his status as a top elite sire in NorwayThirty six new NRF sires received their first official genetic evaluations in February 2014 and 5 new NRF sires came through with Total Merit Indexes (TMI) above 20. The new bull Skjelvan (11039) leads the NRF sire list with a TMI of 39. […]
- Braut - Dairy Crossbred Bull of the year 2013 !Braut is the most exported Norwegian Red (NRF) bull of all time and has daughters in over 22 different countries. Braut has been a top bull on the Total Merit Index (TMI) list in Norway (20+) for much of the last decade and he is still going strong. […]
- Outstanding new sire Tangvoll tops the latest Norwegian Red Total Merit IndexThirty four new NRF sires received their first official genetic evaluations in September 2013 and several new NRF sires came through with outstanding Total Merit Indexes (TMI). Three sires that were newly proven in June of 2013 added daughters and are in the top 5 for TMI. […]
- Dairy Crossbreeding Programs2 PLUS and 3 PLUS are Geno's dairy crossbreeding programs that include several breeds that can be succesfully used when crossbreeding. […]
- Norwegian Red - for profitable, polled genetics.Geno is the world leader in selection for polled genetics. Over 50% of Norwegian Red (NRF) calves born in Norway are polled. Proven homozygous polled NRF bulls with competitive breeding values available ! […]
- Tangvoll solidifies his status as a top elite sire in Norway