Polled sires in most dairy breeds are increasing in number with the Norwegian Red (NR) still at the top in polled genetics. Elite polled NR sires have been exported from Norway to over 30 countries. These exported sires are best-of-the-best since Geno can select from the 40%+ of the calves that are born polled in […]
Were you one of the 175 people who attended the Tuesday, October 3, 2017 CDCB Industry Meeting at the World Dairy Expo? The topic was “Discover New Dairy Genetics” as 6 new health traits were introduced that will […]
First, keeping cows healthy and selling wholesome milk are primary goals of all dairy producers.
Secondly, some breeds of dairy cows are healthier on average than other breeds and are great for crossbreeding.
When are antibiotics used? Here’s some straight talk from a Dairy Vet, Dr. Fred Gingrich on how antibiotics are used. Click here […]
National Milk Month or National Dairy Month has been with us since 1937. It’s a month to observe the contributions of the hard-working dairy community and a time to promote the consumption of dairy products.
Milk is one of the most nutrient-dense drinks with […]
Choosing a complementary breed for crossbreeding in a dairy herd can maintain production, increase efficiencies of feed intake and lessen reproductive and health inputs.
First, let me say that this blog was inspired by an article written for Progressive Dairyman “Breeding through the eyes of a CFO” by Richard Williams the North American general […]
Net Merit* (NM$) rankings for Red breed bulls available (April 2017) in the US, show Scandinavian Red bulls at the top. Five out of 7 top NM$ Red breed bulls are proven Norwegian Red sires. No surprise that 2 of these 5 are sons of the popular Braut – – Gopollen** and Enger**.
- Top bulls from April 2018 retain their dominance in August plus reliability is boosted for GS sires August 7, 2018
- Improved breeding value calculations for Norwegian Red August 6, 2018
- New international trial with Norwegian Red initiated in the Netherlands August 1, 2018
- Norwegian Red – The number 1 breed for crossbreeding in the Netherlands July 27, 2018
- Increased use of Norwegian Red in the Nordic countries June 22, 2018
- Impressive genomic sires become available internationally April 3, 2018